POPULAR SUPPLEMENTS FOR PCOS WEBINAR
Find out which supplements can improve PCOS-and which ones to save your money on!
PCOS is one of the most under-recognized and under-treated medical conditions with numerous long-term health implications. Today, more and more women are turning to alternative and complementary medicine in hopes of improving their fertility, weight, and symptoms of PCOS. This webinar will discuss some of the most popular nutritional supplements used among women with PCOS. Therapeutic amounts, indications, evidence-based benefits and risks of the following supplements will be discussed:
• N-Acetylcysteine (NAC)
• Alpha-Lipoic Acid
• Chasteberry (Vitex agnus-castus)
• Chromium Picolinate
• Fish oil
• Green Coffee Bean Extract
• D-chiro-inositol and Myo-inositol
• Saw Palmetto
• Vitamin B12
• Vitamin D
Target Audience: Women with PCOS, RDs, Nurses, Physicians
CEUs are no longer available.
*You must use a Mac or PC computer to view this webinar. This webinar is not compatible with ipad or mobile (iphone or android) devices.
PCOS AND WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: BEST STRATEGIES FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
Villanova University McDonald Center
January 22, 2013
PCOS is one of the most under-recognized and under-treated medical conditions with numerous long-term health implications. This lecture will review the pathophysiology and diagnostic criteria of PCOS. New advances in nutrition therapy and practical lifestyle strategies for the health care professional will be discussed.
1. Participants will be able to name two medical conditions women with PCOS are at high risk for.
2. Participants will be able to recognize three medical nutrition therapy guidelines used to treat polycystic ovary syndrome.
3. Participants will be able to identify two effective nutritional supplements used to treat PCOS.
4. Participants will recognize the pathophysiology of PCOS.